An important update to EN 388 “Protective Gloves Against Mechanical Risk” is on the way from the European Committee for Standardization. The 2016 Update will introduce a new cut test method and will provide greater precision for choosing your correct level of hand protection.
Dupont Kevlar has published a free guide that helps explain it all. Use the guide to determine whether or not the level of protection you are currently using will stay the same or if it will change according to the new EN 388-2016 standard.
Use the guide when ordering your safety gloves online.
Click here to: Download Free EN 388 Cut Standard Guide
We have been getting a lot of questions about the new ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 Standard updates. Our friends at National Safety Apparel helped us put together this list of key points for you.
ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 Standard Updates were approved by ANSI Feb 1, 2016. The new standard is available for download on the ISEA website. It combines the ANSI/ISEA 107 Standard and the ANSI/ISEA 207 standards into one.
5 Key things to Note
1. Current ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 and ANSI/ISEA 207-2011 garments are still acceptable and compliant.
• There is no requirement to change any of your existing garments. This standard offers enhancements and clarification that will evolve High Visibility over the coming years.
2. New Garment HVSA Types added to Class Definitions
NEW HVSA Types
• Type O = Off Road – Non Roadway
• Type R = Roadway
• Type P = Public Safety (ANSI 207 merged)
NEW HVSA Class Definitions
• Type O – Class 1O
• Type R – Class 2R and Class 3R
• Type P – Class 2P and Class 3P
• Type Supplemental – Class E
3. Smallest Size Garments Type R
• Small size workers wearing oversize garments can be a safety hazard. While NSA has always offered Small sizes we are pleased the standard now allows for less background material required for the “smallest” size for both ROADWAY type Classes.
Smallest size garment may have LESS background material
• Class 2R = 540 instead of 775 square inches
• Class 3R = 1000 instead of 1240 square inches
4. Non FR labeling Now Required
• “This garment is non flame resistant as defined by ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 Section 10.5”
• Garments not tested to meet Flame Resistant performance criteria of standards listed in ANSI are required to have Non FR labelling. ASTM D6413 and NFPA 701 are NOT accepted as they allow fabrics that melt and drip.
5. Balanced Design including Logo Allowances
• Front & Back of garments now required to have no less than 40% of the minimum required background material and reflective.
• Logos of non ANSI compliant materials will not cover more than 72 square inches of the background material, no more than 22 square inches of reflective material, and will not make a break in the Horizontal reflective greater than 1.97 inches. *Example of 72 square inches is a 2”x4” logo on the front chest and an 8”x8” logo on the back.
Did you know your search for wholesale prices on Polarized Safety Glasses led you to the best online source available? Yep, Safety Smart Gear is now offering top brand name glasses at a discount by the box. So, if you need Polarized Safety Glasses for work at home, on the job or for your whole crew… get them in bulk at a cost you can feel good about.
Did You know Buying Wholesale Work Gloves by the Case Will Save Big Money?
Safety Smart Gear offers work gloves by the case from top brand manufacturers that you trust and respect. You will find leather work gloves, Nitrile dipped gloves, driving gloves, FR gloves, cut resistant gloves, chemical gloves and fingerless technical gloves to meet your on-the-job needs. While you can still get many types of hand protection as single pair at Safety Smart Gear, the real savings is ordering boxes of 12 pair or cases of 72 pair. Visit the Safety Gloves category to find exactly the type you need for work or playing hard!
Save big on Alpha Workwear products at SafetySmartGear.com using this coupon code: GLOW16
Offer Valid until February 29th, 2016
Illuminated Rain Gear, Illuminating Safety Vests, Glow in the Dark Certified Safety Clothing
Alpha Workwear is now available to order online. All Pre-Orders have shipped!
You can go to SafetySmartGear.com to order Alpha Workwear products online.
Why are we so excited about Alpha Workwear safety clothing products?
Alpha Workwear products by Viz Reflectives North America are the first to offer this new technology of Three Levels of Protection. Vizlite DT is the technology on these garments that provides illumination (Glow in the Dark) on safety vests, rain gear, safety jackets and T-shirts. Get more technology information about Alpha Workwear products.
Illuminating Safety Clothing
Check out this new technology for safety clothing that allows you to see workers in the dark.
This is really an exciting technological breakthrough for safety clothing that will save more lives and prevent injuries in low light or zero light environments or situations.
These safety clothing products are from a new brand called Alpha Workwear and feature Vizlite DT, a dual technology tape that gives the wearer of these garments a third level of safety protection.
What is the Alpha Workwear Dual Technology and how does it work?
Alpha Workwear products by Viz Reflectives NA feature 360 degree of visibility not seen in safety clothing before.
Three levels of protection: 1. Fluorescence, 2. Retro-reflectivity and 3. Phosphorescence.
With high visibility neon colors and retro-reflectivity tape (reflects from headlights) you get industry standard protection in the daylight but now with Vizlite DT Dual Technology tape sewn into the garments you get Illuminating Safety Clothing (glowing) in low or no light environments or situations. No batteries needed as it is charged in the daylight or by artificial light in just minutes with the charge lasting for several hours.
OSHA ALERT: 1910.269 ENFORCEMENT BEGINS
The deadline for OSHA 1910.269 compliance is fast approaching (August 31, 2015). Do you fully understand the new standards? Are your FR clothing needs totally covered and matched to the hazards correctly? Hesitation can lead to citation. Let Bulwark and Safety Smart Gear get you regulation ready.
See all the details, including FAQ’s by going here (view/download PDF): tinyurl.com/nhfdazy
Go to Safety Smart Gear for required Flame Resistant clothing.